Air DAC offers:
- CD-quality sound, no latency, no interference with other Wi-Fi signals
- Simple control and setup - no software, setup or pairing
- Stream music to up to four receivers, and from up to four devices
- Works with any digital audio from music, movies, and games
- Works anywhere without interference - no wifi "hot spot" needed for reception
About the Air DAC and SKAA wireless technology
With Air DAC, you don't move to the music - the music moves with you.
The Air DAC Wireless System is a combination wireless transmitter (iTX or uTX) and radio receiver (Air DAC) that operates in the 2.4GHz radio band. The Air DAC Receiver utilizes a premium quality Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) stage and simple one-button SKAA control.
Unlike similar devices, the Air DAC and associated TX transmitters do not experience the typical loss in sound quality or interference capability of cell phones and other wireless devices. Rather, they offer CD-quality sound, virtually no latency, a 15-30 meter range, and a spread-spectrum technology that detects and chooses from among available frequency spectrums in order to avoid interference.
The NuForce Air DAC Wireless Receiver and any device fitted with an appropriate matching TX transmitter can be combined to form a wireless audio network. Each transmitter can send audio to four receivers, and each receiver can connect to as many as four transmitters.
Just link your Apple mobile device wirelessly to multiple amplifier/speaker systems located throughout your home. Then simply walk into any room with your portable player-the system automatically locks on to its signal-and stream your music to the speakers in that space. Move to the next room and stream music from the same device to that room's receiver or pair of speakers. Wherever you roam in your home or office, your music is with you.
Compressed audio yet CD-quality performance with NuForce Air DAC’s HPX™ technology developed by Eleven Engineering
With HPX™ , the user will be unable to tell the difference between an uncompressed, wired audio source and a Eleven’s audio system sending CD-quality sound across a wireless link. Listeners no longer have to choose between the convenience of a wireless audio system and the Hi-Fi CD-quality sound of a wired system. When combining Eleven's proven wireless technology with HPX™ audio compression, they can have both.
The graph pictured below depicts the THD+N characteristics as measured on Eleven’s PB3 Evaluation Kit.
- Can receive and lock with up to four independent iTX/uTX transmitters.
- Simple operation -Use the single front-panel switch to step through each of the available transmitters within range of the receiver. The cycle returns to first transmitter after selecting the last available transmitter.
- CD-quality performance
- The cycle returns to first transmitter after selecting the last available transmitter.
- Extra-wide wireless audio range covers larger environments - iTX range approximately spans 10-20m; uTX range spans approximately 15-30m depending on conditions.
- The uTX (for USB device) Transmitter is cross-platform (Mac/PC), so there's no need to install drivers.
- The iTX similarly connects to a standard analog dock when mated with Apple iPod , iPhone and iPad.
NuForce Air DAC is compatible with the following products using the iTX transmitter:
- iTX is compatible with all the following iPod devices that have the 30-pin connector .
- iPod touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation)
- iPod classic
- iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPad (3rd generation, known as "new iPad")
- iPad 2
Apple, AirPort Express, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.